"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" ~Erma Bombeck


Thursday, July 10, 2014

JULY 7 ~ Crayons and Persuasion

Proverbs 7:21-23~
21 With persuasive words she led him astray;
she seduced him with her smooth talk.

22 All at once he followed her
like an ox going to the slaughter,
like a deer stepping into a noose

23 till an arrow pierces his liver,
like a bird darting into a snare,
little knowing it will cost him his life.


Of course, I'm not a harlot or prostitute, but these verses remind me how very persuasive and manipulative my speech can be towards my husband if I'm not careful and walking with Jesus. I am horrified to think of times that I might have "seduced him" to my way of thinking or desires with my "smooth talk." I don't want to ever be the cause of wrongly "steering" our family because I am failing to let my husband lead us according to what he believes to be wise. But just to clarify: I do not mean to be silent! God has given us all experiences and wisdom that we need to bring to the table. I would never want to hide insight, either, under the guise of being submissive, yet neglecting sharing wisdom and discernment. I need to speak the truth in love, filled with God's wisdom to the best of my ability, and then follow my husband's lead...In all things except sin, of course! 


**************************************

Here's a fun "pinteresty" project you can get your kiddos involved in when it's too hot to play outside:  Crayon muffins!

Step 1:  Have your kiddos sort through your big box of crayons and pull out all the broken ones
Step 2.  Have them peel off all the papers & throw those away!

This top picture shows them in non-stick mini muffin tins, after they've already melted.  THEY STUCK!  

Step 3:  Place foil liners in muffin tins, and fill them with broken crayons.  Preheat the oven to 250 degrees and bake 15-20 minutes, or until the wax is melted.  Allow the tin to cool; then pop out the crayons, and they're ready for use!



Hope your kiddos enjoy them, while YOU enjoy getting rid of some more clutter in the house! 


Peace, Love & Joy from our home to yours~



No comments:

Post a Comment