"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" ~Erma Bombeck


Tuesday, July 8, 2014

JULY 5 ~ Wisdom and MENU PLANNING

Proverbs 5

Verses 3, 4, 8, 9, 10~
3 "For the lips of the adulterous woman drip honey, and her speech is smoother than oil; 4 but in the end she is bitter as gall, sharp as a double-edged sword. 8 Keep to a path far from her, do not go near the door of her house, 9 lest you lose your honor to others and your dignity to one who is cruel, 10 lest strangers feast on your wealth and your toil enrich the house of another."

Sometimes this is how I feel when others try to sweetly push  suggest that I eat things that are harmful to me.  I have been convicted at times of legalism, fear, worry, and obsession as I try to lose weight and regain my health.  Also, though, I know my own wayward heart, and I KNOW that I must KEEP MY PATH far from some things.  Like Little Caesar's pan pizza...and Pizza Hut taco pizza...and off-plan enchiladas...and hot apple fritters...and, and, and....

There are just some paths...some doors to "her" [Madam Gluttony's] house that lead me to lose my honor and dignity!  I'm not saying my dear sweet loved ones that encourage me to "treat myself" with indulgences are equal to the lips of the adulterous woman dripping honey...I'm just saying I need to be like Joseph with Potiphar's wife and RUN!  The speech is smoother than oil, but in the end, it is definitely bitter as gall and sharp as a double-edged sword.  In my gut.  As I feel the pain from the gluten barreling through my intestines...(TMI?  Sorry...)  As I feel the soaring of my blood sugar...the dumping of insulin...the carb coma setting in.  Death.  At least I feel like it at the time.  And then there's the "carb hangover" the next day.  You know the one:  achy, stiff joints; swollen face and hands; puffy "cankles" and  pillows for feet; headache; gut ache and bloat.  It's not pretty, my friends!

So, yes.  If I seem a little over-the-top when I politely refuse your offerings, please don't be offended or worried that I've joined a diet cult.  Please just encourage me to be strong.  Better yet, don't bring home the apple fritters! (Please!!)

****************************************************

Since we're talking about food and temptation already, it seems natural to discuss a WISE TOOL:   Meal planning!

Meal planning is key to every effective budget, menu, and daily schedule.  It makes sure your pantry and freezer are stocked for what you need, and it keeps you from ordering out from your local pizza place if you suddenly remembered you forgot to thaw the chicken! :)

There are lots of printable menus and plans out there, but I will share the one I made.  It works well for me, and if it works for you, too, GREAT!

This corresponds with the Trim Healthy Mama (or THM) eating plan, which I love and highly recommend, but you can tailor it to whatever suits your needs!

I hope this is a help to you...it's not fancy or elaborate because I try to print and use it weekly, and I don't need to waste a lot of printer ink. I just circle whether I'm planning an S (Satisfying) meal; an E (Energizing) meal; or a FP (Fuel Pull).  I noted guidelines for the meal types at the top for easy reference, including SH (S Helper).  There is also some space at the end to jot down your grocery needs.  If you use it, I hope you enjoy its simplicity as much as I have!

Click Here for my Trim Healthy Mama Weekly Menu Plan!

Blessings from our home to yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment