"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" ~Erma Bombeck


Wednesday, July 2, 2014

JULY 1 ~ How Does Your Garden Grow?



Okay, so it's not really July 1, but since I started late, this is how I wanted it to be...31 days' worth of journaling my July.

THE FEAR OF THE LORD must be where I begin...Lord, teach me what it means to fear you!  I have been working on a word study of this command and will publish it soon...

Proverbs 1:6
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
    but fools despise wisdom and instruction.



Here Wisdom is calling aloud to us...her voice can be heard in the world...we must not close our ears to her voice...she begs us to hear and obey.  God does not want us to flail around, wondering and grasping at what His will for us could be.  He has provided us with His Wisdom to call and cry out to get our attention...we need only to LISTEN and OBEY!

Proverbs 1:20-23
   Out in the open wisdom calls aloud,
    she raises her voice in the public square;
21 on top of the wall she cries out,
    at the city gate she makes her speech:

22 “How long will you who are simple love your simple ways?
    How long will mockers delight in mockery
    and fools hate knowledge?
23 Repent at my rebuke!
    Then I will pour out my thoughts to you,
    I will make known to you my teachings.


*********************************

Today, I think I will post a few pics of our beginner garden.  We've grown tomatoes before, but this is our first "real garden," and much of it is containers, which I love!

Let's be honest:  I have never been much of a yard or outside person.  Heat, sweat, blech.  BUT...since I have been feeling better bit by bit, having more energy, easier on the joints, less weight, etc., I asked God to help me enjoy working outside and taking better care of my yard.  He is answering my prayer, and it has been fun to have the girls out there with me, too!  Soon, we will be enjoying the "fruits of our labor."  So far, we've enjoyed 2 peppers, 1 baby cuke, and 3 or 4 strawberries before the birds started eating them all.  Now I've transplanted my strawberry plants, making a planter out of an old tree "bucket," so hopefully we'll get some good berries before summer is over!


Back bed: Grandma's pink roses


Cherry tomatoes and snacker cukes


Strawberries

Mint, basil, sage, cilantro

Cerleriac

 "Big Jim" Jalapeno pepper

Front bed:  Roses, pansies, petunias

 Front/side bed:  both of my Grandmas' peonies (light & dark pink)

 Pansies in the piggy

Blueberry bush

Blackberry bush (he's kinda sick, I think...bugs eating some things, so added some bug dust)

One of our many pepper plants

One of our 4 tomato plants

Marigolds

Spaghetti Squash

Yellow Crookneck squash

Zucchini

 Watermelon...sad little critters, aren't they?

Day Lily


No comments:

Post a Comment