"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" ~Erma Bombeck


Wednesday, July 2, 2014

JULY 2 ~ Ask, Seek, Knock



I don't just desire wisdom...I NEED it.  I long for it.  I am so thankful that Proverbs not only instructs me that when I fear the Lord, it is the beginning of that wisdom, and that Wisdom cries out for me.   But it's verse 6.  Verse 6 is the best comfort of all!  "For the Lord GIVES wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding."  I don't have to earn it.  I don't have to be a good girl to get it.  I don't have to be a scholar or have tremendous talent or skills...I just have to ask, seek, knock, and He will give it to me.  I need but to read His Living Word to receive.  What a relief!  Every day I am faced with challenges and struggles that require His wisdom--how to negotiate a sibling conflict; whether or not to accept an invitation for something; if I have time to help another person or if I need to stay focused on my own household affairs; how much money to spend, and the list goes on...


 Proverbs 2:1-6
My son, if you accept my words
    and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
    and applying your heart to understanding—
indeed, if you call out for insight
    and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
    and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
    and find the knowledge of God.
For the Lord gives wisdom;
    from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.



What an incredible thing to be a daughter of the King.  I'm His daughter!  There's no better name to be called in this life!

 ********************

Today I shall post a few pictures of our fun painting projects.  I came home one day, and my dad and the kids had painted some plastic lawn chairs with spray paint.  It was such a fun idea, that I wanted to do all of our chairs in bright, cheery colors, too!  I have also seen these ideas on Pinterest since then, but as far as I'm concerned, my dad was the pioneer!  I picked out some colors, and the girls and I got to work...we even ended up with his and hers camoflauge chairs (I forgot to take a pic of those, so I will try to remember to add those soon).  Here is some of our work!

Lawn chairs and folding chairs.......






 Bed springs for future planters or candle holders

And while we were still in the painting mood, I painted some flower pots, my clothes hamper, and then the girls decided to paint some rocks for the garden or paper weights...







I hope your July is filled with fun and making memories!
Blessings from our home to yours~

No comments:

Post a Comment