"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" ~Erma Bombeck


Monday, November 23, 2015

COFFEE BREAK


Today is the first Monday we've had off in months!  No homeschool co-op (even though we enjoy it); no doctor's appointments (I had surgery in September); no company coming over (of course we love it when they come!); and no hubby home (again with the love, though).  In fact, I am so excited for this week, I can hardly stand it!  So much to be THANKFUL for!!  AND so much to do!!  Yet I was reminded that Being Still...Taking a Coffee Break...is not a waste of time.  It is an investment in my day.  Every time I skip this stillness of my soul in the morning, the rest of the day is often chaotic and unproductive.  Mornings are hard.  I get it.  I also know that life is short, and skipping coffee with Jesus can open the door to mistakes, regrets, and discouragement.  Nobody needs that!

This year, Thanksgiving Day will be simple and sweet.  It'll just be the six of us and Mom and Dad.  We are making the main dinner this year for the first time....Mom has been fighting breast cancer for almost a year, and chemotherapy is an unkind companion along the journey.  Thankfully, Mom has been spared many of the most dreaded side-effects, but the nagging fatigue is ever-present.  This verse continually passes through my mind, as I think of and pray for her.  We cannot heal ourselves...that job is God's alone!  But we can be still in His presence. Life is a precious gift.  And it can sometimes be short.  I am so thankful for God's fighting on behalf of my mom right now, and I don't want to take it for granted!



*************************************

After relishing a few extra moments with my pillow this morning, my first stop was caffeine.  If you know me at all, you know how much I love my coffee...even if on crazy days it takes a never-ending cycle of reheating in order to get it done! ☺

Coffee creamer...this is an area of my life that I have had a death-grip on.  I have tried all sorts of bullet-proof coffees, Trimaccinos, half & half or cream/extract/stevia combos.  So far, none of them have been *bad* but none have really floated my boat, either.

Trim Healthy Mama has two new books out!  The original book was awesome, weighing in at over 600 pages.  I love it and still have it!  However, these new books are so very user-friendly.  The plan itself is in the first book (below - left), while the cookbook (below - right) has over 300 recipes, complete with color photos!  It's wicked awesome! ♥




So today, I was finally ready to try something new (again) for my coffee.  I love peppermint mochas this time of year (I am NOT a pumpkin fan in beverages!  GAG!)  Using the new THM Sweet Blend
I made a batch of peppermint Skinny Chocolate (S) disks.  It comes together in a cinch, and I can find most of the ingredients I need from any grocery store.  Thankfully, we have a Trader Joe's nearby!  I ♥ TJ's!

 If you don't like to use coconut-flavored coconut oil, you can purchase refined (unflavored) CO at most any grocery store!


(See the Peppermint Mocha creamer in the background?  That will hopefully fade more into the distance if this can make up for the flavor!) ☺
I plopped one of these into my coffee, along with a swirl of cream and YAY!  Although I'll probably still enjoy my other coffee creamers from time to time, this was perfect today! ☺



MOCHA-MINT SKINNY CHOCOLATE (S)
Print this recipe


INGREDIENTS:
1/2 c. coconut oil (melted)
1/4 c. cocoa powder
2-3 tsp. ground THM Sweet Blend
teensy pinch sea salt
Peppermint extract

DIRECTIONS:
Melt coconut oil until liquid.  Add cocoa powder, ground THM Sweet Blend, and salt, stirring well.  Add 2-3 drops of peppermint extract (or about 1/2 tsp), stir and taste.  Adjust to desired sweetness/flavor profile.  Pour into molds, onto lined plate, or into ice cube trays.  Freeze until solid.

~Blessings and Peace in Stillness (& a great cuppa coffee) from our home to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment