"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" ~Erma Bombeck


Wednesday, November 18, 2015

30 DAYS OF THANKFULNESS



Much has happened in our family lately that has given us a run for our money in the "give thanks in all circumstances" department.  We have been keeping busy with school, chores, family gatherings, and Bible studies; we have also had our share of health concerns, home repairs, and financial challenges. If we find ourselves continuously complaining, our focus is likely on our comfort rather than our Calling.  We must be INTENTIONAL about praising God and giving thanks!

 I THESSALONIANS 5:16-18 says~

"Rejoice always, 
pray continually,
give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."

In an effort to prepare my heart for Thanksgiving every November, I strive to make a list of 30 (at least) Days of Thankfulness.  Here's my list so far.


30 DAYS OF THANKSGIVING (2015):
DAY 1~La Famiglia! This family God gave us is a crazy, loud, sweet, sacrificial bunch!! 
DAY 2~A delicious, hot cuppa coffee with cream, cocoa powder, and cinnamon!
DAY 3~Daughters who bless us with their awesome talents...like pumpkin scones with cinnamon glaze!
DAY 4~ Being married to my best friend is awesome! We don't always see eye-to-eye (he's a lot taller), he puts up with my corny jokes and even laughs (most of the time). He makes me coffee, brings an occasional bouquet of flowers, and loves to surprise me (even though he usually gives it away accidentally)...I'm so thankful God blessed us with this journey together!
DAY 5~ We are so thankful God blessed us with our 4 Little Women! When the doctor told us we may never have children, we cried. And we prayed. And God chose to bless us with His gracious miracles. Though we have children waiting for us in Heaven, the ones God shared with us here are our earthly riches, indeed!
DAY 6~ My parents, who faithfully live out their marriage vows with grace...for better or worse, in sickness and in health...I love you, Mom and Dad!
DAY 7~ I am so thankful for my besties/blessed sisters! I'm loving growing older with you wild and crazy gals!!
DAY 8~ Today I am thankful to be able to live in this cozy house, where my grandparents used to live, and where we Live, Laugh, and Love!  This has been a hospitality house over the years...many special memories, family holidays, visits with friends, meals around the table, cups of coffee, and much laughter here!
DAY 9~ These kiddos are such fun & entertaining blessings! Having nieces and nephews and a "Cousin Club" 10 members strong is pure awesomeness!
DAY 10~ So THANKFUL for the privilege and blessing of being born in America with liberty and freedom we cherish so dearly! We are undeserving of so much bounty, but ever so thankful!
DAY 11~ What can I say about our Veterans that hasn't already been said today? In the words of George M. Cohan [composer of "She's a Grand Old Flag," "Yankee Doodle Dandy," "Over There," and many other patriotic songs], "My mother thanks you, my father thanks you, my sister thanks you, and I thank you..." including our own family...Daddy, Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and friends who have served! 
DAY 12~ I'm thankful for humor and laughter!
DAY 13 ~Today, I am thankful for the truth and comfort of God’s Word!
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." ~Philippians 4:4-9
DAY 14 ~ Today I'm thankful for the OMNIPRESENCE, OMNISCIENCE, OMNIPOTENCE, and LOVE of God!!
DAY 15~ God hears and answers our prayers! He is intimately involved in the affairs of men and governments! He sustains the universe with the same power that created it. God works through people and nations in great events and unnoticed details. All His actions demonstrate the gravity and brilliance of His justice and goodness.
DAY 16 ~ FREEDOM is never free...it always has bloodshed as the pricetag! Thank you, Jesus, for shedding your blood to set us free from sin's deathgrip! And thank you, veterans, patriots, and defenders of liberty! {"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."~Galatians 5:1}
DAY 17~ So thankful that we can KNOW where to find the TRUTH, even though the world around us is full of conflicting voices, beliefs, and ideologies!
TRUTH =Honest, correct, authentic, fact
HONESTY=Speaking the Truth
KINDNESS=Speaking the Truth in Love
DISCERNMENT=Speaking the Truth Wisely

DAY 18~ I am so thankful that HE IS....
The Breath of Life,
The Passover Lamb,
Our High Priest,
Living Water,
Bread of Life,
The Lion of Judah,
The Lamb of God,
Our Savior,
Our Shepherd,
Our Mediator,
Our Salvation,
The Way,
The Truth,
The Life,
Our one and only way to Heaven,
The Alpha,
The Omega,
Our Everything....

DAY 19~ Our pets!  They keep our house wild, noisy, cuddly, and entertaining.  Two pugs and two Siamese kitties are more than enough! 
DAY 20~ So thankful for the Voice of Truth reminding us of 1 John 1:9 ~ "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."
DAY 21~THANKFUL that God is our Helper and our Sustenance! {Behold, God is my helper; The Lord is the sustainer of my soul. ~Psalm 54:4}
Thank you, Lord!

DAY 22~ No matter how good the words of men sound, no matter how the promises of men fail, I am so THANKFUL that God's Words are ALWAYS good and true, and His promises NEVER fail! Don't live as those who have no hope! Our hope is found in Him alone!  
DAY 23~


 So let me ask you:  WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR????

Thanksgiving Blessings from our home to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment