"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" ~Erma Bombeck


Thursday, November 19, 2015

SOUTHWESTERN SLOW-COOKED SIRLOIN (S)


I love my crockpot!  I know I've mentioned that at least a bajillion times, and yet... *sigh*...the thought of having my meal hot and ready at dinner time almost makes me feel like I have a butler! (almost)

This is a delicious dinner and such a snap to prepare!  This dish came together because of my love of Southwestern flavors...and crockpots...and because I already had all the ingredients.☺

SOUTHWESTERN SLOW-COOKED SIRLOIN (S)

Print this recipe




INGREDIENTS:
6 sirloin steaks
1 bag frozen peppers OR peppers/onions
2 cans tomatoes/jalapeños (Ro*Tel style)
McCormick Montreal steak seasoning


DIRECTIONS:
1.  YOU'LL NEED...
6 sirloin steaks (our local butcher), 1 bag frozen peppers (Trader Joe's), 2 cans tomatoes/jalapeños (Ro*Tel style from Fred Meyer)
 
START BY: Layering steaks inside, leaving some room, and sprinkle seasoning on top of meat...
ADD 1 can tomatoes, the bag of frozen peppers, and top with second can of tomatoes...


Cook on low 7-8 hrs (or high for 4-ish hours)...



Serve with hot buttered noodles, rice, potatoes, or whatever suits your fancy!  I was out of rice (which is definitely more Southwestern-y) so we had buttered [Dreamfield's] rotini, and it was rather tasty!  Muy Delicioso!

For all you Trim Healthy Mamas, this is an S dinner...including the [Dreamfield's] pasta!

Of course, if it's a wee bit spicy for you (like it was for my youngest), you could always top it with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt dip:


~Happy "not-Swiss-steak-but-Southwestern-sirloin" dinner to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment