"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" ~Erma Bombeck


Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dang McDonald's




Well, I was going to call this post "Day 1 in the pursuit of Healthy Me"...I'm tired of looking back and thinking:  Didn't I just do this last year...and the year before...and the decade before...and in 1988...?  But, alas, I still haven't become my ideal weight, nor have I become the healthy me that I'm supposed to be.  I started out with good intentions...ate a healthy breakfast of eggs and fruit, and then took the kids to the park for a picnic lunch.  I didn't pack one for me, thinking I'd be okay for a few hours, but by the time we ran an errand or two after lunch, I was starving, so I went to McDonald's for a chicken sandwich.  Okay, I bought 2, but didn't intend on eating the buns.  However, once I opened the crinkly paper, I devoured one sandwich in my ravenous hunger before I even knew what happened.

Once I was finished, I noticed how many calories are in that sandwich (thank you, McD's), and then I just ate the chicken out of the 2nd sandwich.  It all went downhill from there, pretty much.  After that, I had to finish B's ice cream cone because she was full & I didn't want it to melt....thus begins the justification of eating in a way that is not good for me...permissible?  yes.  Beneficial? NO!  Hamster wheel...back to business again tomorrow!
 








No comments:

Post a Comment