"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" ~Erma Bombeck


Friday, October 18, 2013

OH JOY! {Almond Joy MIM} (S)

When I was in college, there was an awesomely delicious bistro that we went to once in a blue moon on special occasions...when we had $8 to spend on a slab of cake...and we didn't know we were  making ourselves more insulin resistant by the bite (and by "we," I mean me).  There were so many gorgeous, gourmet cakes in the glass case just waiting...

One dark night, I met one in particular and fell in love...Mounds Cake.  (I don't know why they called it that, actually, because it had almonds on it, and that is really an Almond Joy instead.  We all know "Peter Paul Almond Joy's got nuts--Mounds don't," right?)

Anyway, it was layer upon layer of dark, dense chocolate cake, with coconut creamy filling, almonds, ganache...{swoon}...

SO, after starting Trim Healthy Mama, we got to go back to our old college stomping grounds for a friend's wedding...and there it was...THE PLACE.  I wanted to eat a piece just like the old days...so we stopped and I went in.  But then I just couldn't...you know...I JUST COULD-ENT!

I've been thinking of it off and on since then and finally decided to try my hand at making a Mounds {Almond Joy} Muffin in a Mug!  And it was Awesome.  And I'm stuffed.  For all you THMs out there, this is definitely an S (satisfying)!

The cast of characters

Plus the almond extract I forgot in the first picture...



Print This Recipe




INGREDIENTS:
"MIM"
1 egg
2 Tbsp. golden flax
1 Tbsp. almond meal
1 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut
1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 Tbsp. almond milk
dash of salt
5-ish dashes of Kal pure white stevia extract (only 3 little holes open)
1/2 tsp. almond extract
5 almonds (cut in half)
Coconut oil (or other) spray, optional

"Frosting/Topping"
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut
a splash of almond milk
a couple shakes of stevia
3 almonds (cut in half)

DIRECTIONS:
"MIM"
Spritz coffee mug (or other heat-safe dish) with cooking spray (opt.).  It's not "purist," but neither is the microwave we're about to cook it in.  Crack egg, whisk with fork.  Add all other MIM ingredients and stir, stir, stir until well blended.  Pop into your microwave and cook for 1 minute. (If you have a lower-wattage micro, you'll have to watch it and maybe go longer, like 1 minute + 30-40 seconds).  Take it out, put on plate, and cut in half...now for the topping!

"Frosting/Topping"
In a bowl, mix everything except the almonds together until well combined.  Spread on top of hot, lovely, beautiful muffins, and sprinkle each half with 3 almond pieces.

Give Thanks and Enjoy your Almond JOY MIM!
Almond Joy MIM

See the yumminess?

All that's left is a full & happy tummy and a little iced coffee...Ahh!

Blessings and Peace from our home to yours~

No comments:

Post a Comment