"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" ~Erma Bombeck


Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pouting and Praising





What's on my Mind? Sick kids, sunburns, pink eye, fevers, ear infections, spider bites, strawberry-rhubarb pie, not wanting to clean the kitchen, eye appt, tomorrow's Friday, laundry piles, day-old coffee, my Bible (which is actually my husband's, but I like the version), weeding, and switching the girls' winter clothes out for summer clothes, clutter...that's it for now...

2 Corinthians 12:9-- "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

AND

"Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!" (That part's not from the Bible, FYI, but I did find this verse, which is eerily similar: “Now gird up your loins like a man..." [Job 38:3a]--that's God, speaking to Job there.)


*******************
I allow myself the occasional rant...er, sharing, that is. I just finished reading about King David, and I am so happy our Heavenly Father made a "man after God's own heart" to be someone that was free to share. AND YET...because I have the precious Holy Spirit dwelling in me, He gently nudges my conscience immediately following and redirects my heart and mind to put my eyes on Jesus. I'll never be perfect, but I want to be perfectly in love with HIM. The best part about being imperfect is knowing that I NEED Jesus, and I get to see Him perform acts on my behalf! When I am weak, HE is strong...when I am afraid, HE gives me a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind, and HIS perfect love casts out all fear! When I am discouraged, HE brings joy in the morning. When I am tempted, HE has already undergone those temptations and been the victor...HE will help me! When I just have no words, HE intercedes with the Father on my behalf. When I am lonely, HE will never leave me nor forsake me. When I am hurting, HE has sent the Comforter to live within me. When I am weary, HE has mounted me up on His eagle's wings and carried me! When I am confused, HE has promised wisdom. When I am worrying, HE has told me that God will take care of it all! When I am poor, HE has blessed me and promised me eternal treasures. In fact, HE IS my treasure!

Mothering is not for the faint-hearted, that's for sure! But God has promised in Isaiah 40:11~

"He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young."

That's me! I have young...that means HE's gently leading me! I'm HIS lamb...that means HE's tending me and gathering me in HIS arms! What better place is there to be?!

On the bright side...I already have dinner in the crockpot. See, things are looking up already!

No comments:

Post a Comment