"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" ~Erma Bombeck


Friday, June 10, 2011

Deer in the Headlights


Does anyone else have this happen to them when they look at a menu?!

We've been craving sandwiches from a certain local sub shop for quite awhile now, and just waiting for payday so we could indulge. We poured over the menu ahead of time, talked about certain sandwiches with other family members, trying to get ready for the big splurge! (Should I be embarrassed that we were this excited to get sandwiches?)

I still couldn't decide by the time we got there, so my thoughtful hubby let me go inside to order while he sat in the car with the kids and played pool on his phone. I had extra time to think...and think...

Finally, it was my turn to order, and I blanked out. "Deer in the headlights" all the way! I asked the gal what her favorite was, so I ordered that instead. (I know...)

Fast-forward to home...we're so excited we can't wait to get started. Family movie ready? Check. Kids' food ready? Check. Yummy sammy ready? YUK. Yuck Yuck Yuck! (Have you seen Boston Legal? Think "Jerry" here.) Bless my husband's heart...he traded me part of his sandwich for mine. That's true love! He didn't have to do it, but I didn't refuse very hard, either...

I hate Deer in the Headlights Menu Disorder! No wonder my husband spends so much time looking over the menu finding food for me before he even looks for himself--it's so he doesn't have to share his dinner later!

Now his...his was tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment