"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" ~Erma Bombeck


Wednesday, June 29, 2016

MY LOVELY DAUGHTERS' ADVENTURES INTO TRIM HEALTHY TEEN COOKING!




One way to find out (or confirm if you're in denial) if you are a Type A Personality is to let your children cook and create without you. Every clatter and clang causes me to head that way, only to stop myself short...
It's crazy, but I find the teenage years harder for me than any other age! They're so much more capable than I am used to realizing. Letting go is my challenge.
My husband came home today, and knows these things are out of my comfort zone, and said: "Just pretend you're Elsa...'Let it go....let it go....'" 

You know what?  THEY NAILED IT!  And...I grew up just a little bit, too...I'm learning to Let Go...baby-steps at a time!

You
I PRESENT TO YOU THEIR MASTERPIECES!!!!



My 15 year old daughter invented this recipe last night when she was cooking! It was delicious!
So proud of these teenagers of mine who are learning to embrace and "own" THM now! 


ANNA'S CREAMY-CHEESY HERB CHICKEN (THM-S)
4 large whole chicken breasts
4 Tbsp melted coconut oil
****
Sauce:
4 Tbsp heavy cream
4 Tbsp almond milk
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (green can is fine) + more for sprinkling
1 tsp flour of choice (she used THM Baking Blend)
4 dashes Tobasco sauce
2 dashes of garlic powder
4 dashes of Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute**
1/ 2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp rosemary
1 tsp salt

Mix all sauce ingredients in bowl. In a greased 9 x 13 baking dish, place chicken breasts. Brush melted coconut oil over chicken. Spread sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese, according to your preference. Add a few more dashes of rosemary to the tops of chicken breasts. Bake at 425 for 40 minutes, or until juices run clear and internal temperature is 170.



**Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute is a smooth blend of onion, black pepper, celery seed, cayenne pepper, parsley, basil, marjoram, bay leaf, oregano, thyme, savory, rosemary, cumin, mustard, coriander, garlic, carrot, orange peel, tomato, lemon juice and lemon oil.Jun 9, 2014





I have to "brag" on my 16 year old Katie's "Trimtastic Zucchini Cake" (S) from the new THM cookbook! It was divine!  I love her personal flair in plating! They're cooking me out of a job...and I love it!
KATIE'S THM "TRIMTASTIC ZUCCHINI CAKE" from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook

(Recipe slightly altered, in order to avoid copyright infringement)




One last share...our sweet 13 year old Gracelyn wanted to make Texas Brownies (S) tonight, and we used this recipe from Beauty and the Foodie. She rocked it (with a little guidance from Mom). The icing seemed a little bit too sweet to us, but maybe some of you will enjoy it "as is.

~Joy and Deliciousness from our Home to Yours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment