"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" ~Erma Bombeck


Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Confessions of a Trim Healthy Prodigal...


Once upon a time...
In a galaxy far, far away...
In the land of winken, blinken, and nod...

There I was..."awesomeing" on my THM journey.  I was exercising, and drinking water, and cooking, and baking, and washing blenders, and pots, and pans, and counters, and sinks, and dishes, and...and...and...

And then my enemy accused me...he told me I was obsessed...and vain...and shallow...and legalistic...
he told me to take a break...to back off...not forever...just for a little while...just for a holiday...just a bit...

complacency crept in and stole my passion...
apathy arrived and robbed my joy...
For the next while, I was surviving.  Not living...just surviving...

and I got sick...and tired...
then my mom got cancer, and the world stopped spinning...
we took on added responsibilities, and my time kept dwindling...
I had to have surgery, and my strength kept fading...
I got sicker, and my health was disappearing...

Doctor appointments...
Ultrasounds...
Blood work...
Diagnoses...

mom almost dies...
she gets diagnosed with a second type of cancer...
sister is extremely sick and hospitalized...
I am going, driving, sitting, helping, not sleeping...
I develop more health problems...

I don't have time to be sicker and tireder (is that a word?).  My parents need me...my husband needs me...my girls need me...my sisters need me!

Where are you Jesus?  I need You!  Can you hear me?  What have I done wrong?  Where is my healing?  Where is my help?  Where is my strength? Where is my deliverance?  I AM WORN.

What can wash away my sin?  Nothing but the Blood of Jesus!
What can make me whole again?  Nothing but the Blood of Jesus!
Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.


Then it came...a doctor's appointment with a slap in the face...scary words with scary possibilities...

WAIT!  I don't have time to be THIS sick.  Not slap-in-the-face-sick!
Not THAT tired.  Not hit-by-a-train-tired!

WAIT! I do think I can make a little time to keep "awesomeing"...a tad of time to keep exercising, a smidgen of time to keep drinking water, a dab of cooking, a smattering of baking, a bit of washing blenders, pots, pans, counters, sinks, and dishes, and...and...and...

Inch by inch, step by step, yard by yard, mile by mile...I came back...HOME.  Is Trim Healthy Mama "Home?"  No, but it's a room in my Home.  My Father was waiting for me...He left the Light on for me...He had a bed of REST with fresh linens waiting, and a hot HEALTHY meal ready.  He ran to me and CARRIED me through the door.  Because HE IS...He is Love...and Healing...and Strength...and Deliverance...and...and...and...

LIFE happens all around us, and we cannot control it.
We can only control the voices we choose to listen to.
I took a slight wrong turn once upon a time, and listened to the whispers of my enemy.
My life was wracked with pain and suffering...
Then...HOME.  Life, Truth, Help.

Don't do it...don't listen to anyone or anything else except HIM...

HE IS...
Liberty
Infinite
Freedom
Eternal.

HE IS LIFE!

Put on your Armor and Fight, young lady! (Ephesians 6:10-18)



~Grace and Peace to you, Fair Iron Maidens of Virtue

No comments:

Post a Comment